Our Association was instrumental in obtaining major tax relief by way of Memorandum to the Government and follow up, resulting in the exemption of CENVAT on biscuits with MRP up to Rs.100/per kg.
IBMA succeeded in getting favourable amendments in Food Laws, viz FSSAI Act/Regulations and Legal Metrology(PC)Rules such as:-
- Exemption biscuits with MRP from Re.1 to Rs10/- from Standard Weights.
- Increase in the standard weights in which biscuits can be packaged and sold
- Under FSSAI(Licensing & Registration)Regulations, we in IBMA were able to get the extension of time limit for more than two years.
- IBMA Submit Pre/Budget Memorandum annually on various taxation issues.
- Our Association regularly interacts with the Ministry of Food Processing Industries and the Ministry of Consumer Affairs and other relevant Depts/Agencies.
- We keep members abreast of latest developments/information/data relating to Biscuit/Food Processing Industry, including legislation.
- Organized Seminars to popularize Biscuit. Launched.
- Organized National Biscuit Week and National Biscuit Day.
- Participated in AAHARA and other Exhibitions.etc.